What We Will Do
When the product is initially returned, we may try to fix (troubleshoot) the problem (if applicable), in consultation with the supplier, before sending it to an authorised repair agent for assessment.
- If your returned product is still within the manufacturer's warranty period, and after assessment is found to have a manufacturing fault, the repair and all associated costs will be free of charge;
- If the product is outside of the manufacturer's warranty period, but the fault is found to be a manufacturing fault this will be remedied in accordance with the CGA; or
- If the product is outside of the manufacturer's warranty period, and the fault found on assessment is not a manufacturing fault, the cost of assessment and repair will be payable by the customer.
- If the product is within the guarantee period and we find the returned product was not used with reasonable care or misused then the guarantee is void.
Please note there are exclusions to this guarantee for items like zippers on raincoats, bags and other products. Faulty zippers will breakdown within 3 months, one of the most common reason for zippers failing is when excessive force is applied to remove things caught in the zipper causing it to malfunction.
Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
The New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, is legislation that outlines the guarantees and rights of both the seller and consumer for products and services sold.
- Under the CGA, products sold by us must be safe, of acceptable quality, fit for the purpose they have been purchased for, match the description given, match the sample or demonstration model and be of acceptable condition when received by you;
- The CGA guarantees are in addition to any other warranty offer(s) provided by the manufacturer, or insurance provider (if applicable); and
- The CGA does not apply where the product has been misused, broken or improperly operated.